Sunday, July 24, 2016

Second Chances

Today I had the opportunity to clean the church building that I attend. I was thinking about how every member of the wards that attend that building are invited to help with its weekly cleanings. I thought of how some members might not have much experience with cleaning, or some might be unable to do a really thorough job due to age or physical limitations. Yet all are invited to help. The wonderful thing is that each week, members have the opportunity to do their part in cleaning it, but even if they mess up or do an imperfect job, guess what, the church will get cleaned again next week. This could be viewed as an excuse to do a less-than-best-effort job, but I like to think of it as each person's work being appreciated and accepted.

Heavenly Father's plan for His children is similar. We do what we can and even when we mess up, He spiritually takes us into His loving arms and says, "Thank you for trying this week. There are still some areas to work on so I can give you more blessings, but I am proud of your effort this week. You can try again to do better next week."

No comments:

Post a Comment